and by a certified GIA specialist.
All appraisals are done on-site by a Graduate Gemologist from the Gemological Institute of America (GIA). Stop in with your jewelry and our sales staff can assist you in finding the type of appraisal that would best suit your needs.
Great reasons to get your jewelry appraised.
- Insurance companies often require an appraisal of your jewelry.
- Insurance gives you peace of mind to wear and enjoy your jewelry every day instead of keeping it locked in a safe or security deposit box. Learn how to insure your jewelry.
By Quality Gem
- Insurance companies often require an appraisal from a GIA expert. We have TWO Graduate Gemologists with over 60 years of experience who consult to give the most accurate appraisal possible.
- Appraisals are free of charge on our pieces at time of purchase. With any purchase at Quality Gem you can request an appraisal free of charge.
- We also do appraisals on jewelry not purchased at our store. There are very few places that do appraisals on pieces not purchased in their store. We do – we’re your one stop for all things jewelry!
- We’ll take the time with you that you deserve. We understand all your jewelry is important, and will take the time to go over each of your pieces with you.
- We don’t buy jewelry – so our appraisal is objective. Every appraiser is honest (more or less), but since we’re don’t buy jewelry, you can be assured we’ll remain objective.
What kind of appraisals can we perform?
- Insurance Appraisals
To put your mind at ease an appraisal for insurance purposes will provide you with a legal document itemizing your jewelry, including measurements and stone grades, photographs and replacement values.
- Estate Appraisals
This type of appraisal gives a fair market value of your jewelry instead of a replacement cost. It is often used to settle an estate for tax purposes or help in dispersing jewelry equally among heirs.
Concerned about leaving your diamond ring?
We understand your concern.
We understand you may be apprehensive about leaving your most valuable and sentimental items.
Like a fingerprint every diamond is different.
That is why we will show you your diamond under the microscope and make a plot, showing you the unique characteristics of your stone. When you come back to pick up your diamond we will again show you your stone under the scope.
* Graduate Gemologists from the Gemological Institute of America, the world’s foremost authority on diamonds, colored stones, and pearls.